13.1.14

2014 = No More Comparing



Wow - it's been awhile since I have thought about writing a post on here. Welcome 2014, albeit 13 days late!

What a break I had. No blogging at all. Writing in my journal, but none online. Refreshing.

Why the break? Well I believe that it is not beneficial to just write something for the sake of it. I would rather truly believe what I am writing, or be passionate about it before I click Publish. And I would like it to be worthy reading. So here is my first foray for the year.

I sat down in the first few days of a fresh new year and set out my goals and things I wanted to achieve in 2014, in all aspects of my life. Health, wellness, blogging, coaching, work, motherhood, relationships. Everything. Of course they aren't all big goals, some might just be little things but they are things that I want out of this year. That I want to make happen. And I'm pumped about it.

And I thought of a post that I really wanted to get out. I needed to write this and I have needed to for a little while now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the big things I have had some trouble with in terms of writing on this blog is being authentically me. Good parts, and bad parts.  Of course this is me you are seeing, reading and hanging out with.

I mean in terms of portraying all of who I am. I am a work in progress, and although I do have green smoothies, I also eat chocolate. And not always the fantastic Pana stuff, sometimes I just grab some Dairy Milk. Hazelnut or Marvellous Creations are my two favourites, but honestly I'm not that fussy.  I LOVE trashy television, and can sometimes spend an hour or two on the couch rather than being outside getting some sunshine. I drink coffee, eat bread, normal milk - but I do love almond milk and chia seeds and cooking with coconut oil. I used to grow kale, loved it in my smoothies. Well actually, no one truly loves kale, (it's bloody bitter!) we all pretend but you get my point.

I love to feel healthy, inside and out, but I am no way perfect every day.  I would hate for you to think that, and my point is that we are all human. We can always work on things, and even though I promote living a health life, by having a healthy mind, body and soul, there are times when I feel crap about myself and start thinking negatively.  

I feel insecure and find myself comparing myself to others when I know I shouldn't be. An example of this is being a mum. My daughter has an innate ability to wonderfully throw all your plans to the wind and make you play by her rules. Some days we can not leave the house, she might not sleep at all and I might not even have a shower! I used to think that made me a crap mother, I would see photos of other mums looking amazing and out for coffee with their children looking and behaving so well. I thought I was shit, and didn't have it together. The truth is though no one is perfect, and what is working for those mums on that day - might not work the next. But you won't see that on social media because it's too real. It's actually relatable though and makes us other mums feel ok about having vomit or mushed food on our clothes and not realising when we leave the house.

We all compare ourselves and what I would love you to know, gorgeous, is that you are you and no one else does it better.  So stop comparing, get off social media and live your life your way.

Don't get me wrong, I love Instagram, Facebook and Twitter but it can lead to an obsession with comparing ourselves.  So if you find yourself doing that, switch off - and go outside. Or put the TV on and lose yourself for a bit.  Or eat some kale chips, or even Cadbury Chocolate. Whatever YOU want to do.

We need to stop comparing ourselves and just let ourselves be who we are meant to be. Of course there are always things that we can improve on, but lets not beat ourselves up about it if we slip up, or feel crap about ourselves.  Let's try super dooper hard to be positive and take the good with the bad - OK?

And from now on I promise that I will be sharing all the good stuff (the green smoothies, the raw recipes, the tea obsession etc) along with the not as good (the Criminal Minds marathon, my atrocious downward dog, and the books on my bedside table that aren't self help).

Much love
xx




Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At January 13, 2014 at 4:43 PM , Anonymous Che // The Polka Dot Flamingo said...

I too love Cadbury chocolate, trashy television, fiction books and atrocious downward dogs. Look forward to reading about them Nic. X

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home