16.10.13

My name is Nicole, and I am Multi Passionate.






My downward dog looks more like a flimsy ferret.
I meditate......sometimes.
I try to avoid sugar, but I love fruit and chocolate.
I feel like I should be a vegetarian but I love lamb so much.
I love getting outside in nature, but also love watching trashy TV.
My writings are currently just one page of ramblings.....book is traveling along quite well.

My point?

I am a walking contradiction! And I am not really good at labelling myself. I don't really like many of them.  I’m not a yogi, or an author, meditator or a vegetarian. I don’t really stick to anything, and I am forgetful. If I say I am not going to eat meat, I forget until I am chomping on a lamb cutlet bone while my dog sits watching and drooling. I say I am going to meditate each morning and do it once and that’s it. I forget and I am cool with that. I wasn’t for ages, but that’s me. I think it’s one of my great qualities. My crappy memory.

I am what they call a multi-passionate person. I like something from column A and column B.
And I’ll also see something I like in Column C, oooh Column D has some ripper stuff, and Column E has something that I want too!  Actually, screw the rest, Column F is the greatest by far. 

I see others that seem to know exactly what they want and go get it. They are happy with one thing and content. 
Me? I need a bit of everything. 
I thrive on learning new things. I absorb information like a sponge, and then lose interest after a bit, or if I find something new. 

Hence why in my garage is a surfboard, a skateboard, a scooter, a guitar, some fishing rods, gardening stuff and bikes. I love it all. Truth be told I don’t always utilise them, but I will! Come summer I will surf and ride with the baby on my bike. I do garden when I can, and we love to fish as a family. I haven’t picked up the guitar in a bit, but I have someone on hand to teach me. And the scooter? Well I had ambitions of scooting down the street to get a coffee (it would be faster than walking), but I didn’t think it through properly. How would I scoot back while trying to balance a coffee, or two. Hmm. The scooter can probably go I think. Maybe to my 7 year old cousin. Kids like scooters.

I digress. 

I am multi passionate. It’s a label I am ok with. I think it makes me interesting. Here are a few labels I like:

  • Mother
  • Wife
  • Daughter
  • Sister
  • Friend
  • Comedian
  • Good looking (joke - see point above)


I could go on, but I won't.  The point of this post is to say it’s ok to not do something 100% of the time. Or even be super good at something. You are free to do a little of this, a little of that. It’s the beauty of life, and the world we live in. There is so much out there so if you feel like you haven’t found your one thing, it’s ok. You can have five. Or six. Or even twelve. It’s your life baby!

Are you a multi passionate person? Or have you got that one thing that you are kicking goals at?

Keep smiling 

xx

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At October 16, 2013 at 10:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Multi-passionate.... Love it! My wife calls it obsessive, my main passions at the moment are running, poetry and art, but I've been totally obsessed by Triathlon, cycling, science fiction books, English ceramic plates (wtf!?), stamps, comics...... at some point in the past. I'm also trying to learn French and piano (not very successfully) and my surfboard gets used once a year! Do I qualify? D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home