17.5.13

Soulpreneurs and My Awakening!!! (Part One)

The title deserved the three exclamation marks I gave it .By golly it did! Oh dear reader - I have had my light bulb moment. It happened last night....and it was amazing. It was so huge babe that I need to split it into two parts. Whoa.

Last night I attended a seminar called Soulpreneurs hosted by the amazing Earth Events. I was drawn to it because the gorgeous Rachel McDonald was speaking and I adore her blog. Her words, everything she stands for. She's amazing. So I decided to go.

So it's about a one hour drive from Geelong to Melbourne, but that did not bother me at all. After recently becoming interested in blogging and connecting with people the timing of this event was so much more than a coincidence. I truly felt like there was something bigger making this all happen at this point in time. So I bought my ticket. I was going on my lonesome and I was scared but so excited at the same time.

When I arrived I saw some gorgeous women, and started to get nervous. No idea why - just my usual self doubt creeping in. Maybe because I was so new to all this they might think I was silly. Which is completely ridiculous.

When I entered the room I sat second row from the front and got settled. But something shifted and before I knew it, I moved to the front row - which I NEVER do! Oh boy - was I out of my comfort zone. I stayed seated there and started talking to some people around me, who were unbelievably lovely. So I relaxed.

Before the ladies came out to talk, there was a raffle for a few prizes. We had all been given tickets as we entered and my ticket was E24. Now my lucky number is 23, so I immediately thought when I saw the number that I had missed out by one.  There were five prizes. E 23 was the second one drawn, and I was shattered. That was my number, and I'd missed by one. As a little background here, I never win anything like raffles, tattslotto or at the TAB. So I thought that I missed out, and then the fourth one drawn was my ticket!

All I could think about was that it was another sign that I was in the right place at the right moment. That feeling when you get it is so overwhelming, it knocks you for six. It's very humbling too.

Now not everyone will agree with me about all this, and that is more than ok, it's just how I feel.

The presenters were Rachel, Susana Frioni, Julie Parker and Denise Duffield-Thomas. I swear, no word of a lie, I have never met, seen or listened to such amazing women. The whole time I was just in awe of them all, who they are, what they represent and believe in and the beautiful way that they connect with you and make you feel so important even if they haven't met you before.

They spoke about their journeys, stories and advice to women running businesses. Now, I don't have a business yet, it's a goal in the future, but I still learnt so much. I am so grateful that they spoke, and that I got to see them. I even got to meet Rachel afterwards, and would have loved to meet the rest of the ladies but I wasn't the only one and I needed to get Miss E home so I left. I have no doubt in my mind that I will get to meet them all again because after last night I know I am on the right path in my life, finally! And they are on a similar one and our paths will cross again. And not only them, but so many other beautiful souls in the room that are on the same journey.  I went to go and see Rachel and I ended up getting so much from the other ladies too. They are true gems.

So, what did I get out of it?
That my friend I cannot tell you in a simple sentence. I don't even think there are words to do where I am right now and how I feel.  I will try and elaborate in another post, because I have so much to say and I think I should spread it out!

But you will notice that I am now going to be me. Authentic. I am flawed, I am not perfect. Oh I've made more mistakes than I care to remember. I'm only human. I like chocolate so much, and sneak it sometimes so no one knows. I try to be all artsy on Instagram, but nine times out of ten it's the filter that's done all the work. I procrastinate, and am a multi-passionate person that rarely finishes anything. Like learning the guitar, skateboard, to surf, to knit and to sketch. I talk a lot, have too many clothes and am shocking with money. Oh and I don't call people as much as I should.

But I am me. And after last night's awakening, I now know that no one can do me better than I can. There is no other me in this world, just like there is no other you. How amazing is that!

Keep smiling!

xx


306744_595341530490197_1196175259_n

Image sourced from http://nurtureandshine.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home